Sign in to follow this  
janelitte

Add numbers to the comments

janelitte

I would like to add numbers to the comments. I changed the comment code to be OL instead of UL but if a commenter has a gravatar you can't see the number. I am using Platform Base. Thanks. Dear Author site

catrina
I changed the comment code to be OL instead of UL
^ Where exactly did you make this change? (It's recommended that the CSS change occurs in custom code or in the base.css file) The gravatar can be repositioned if you want the number to show...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

janelitte

Yes, moving the gravatar sounds like the best idea. What template would I copy over to Platform Base to do this?

Kate

Hi janelitte, Not sure if you're referring to the plugin, but it sounds like you can just install it and you're good to go.

janelitte

No, I don't want to use the plugin. I think reliance on plugins to do things that can be accomplished with a few lines of css is problematic. In fact, it is one of the things that I find troubling about the message boards here. Plugins are often written poorly with inefficient code or code that conflicts with other plugins. In order to run the fastest and cleanest site possible, I think a blog owner has to avoid using plugins. To that end, I would like to move the gravatar to another location which I believe can be done with css and with a movement of the php call, correct?

cmunns

No problem. Add this to your custom css. ` #pl_comments .commentlist { list-style-position: inside; } `

jane_l

Adam - That works great. I changed the code to add the decimal, but I would love to get the number to align with the commenter name.

#pl_comments .commentlist {
	list-style-type:decimal;
	list-style-position: inside;
	}

Screen-shot-2011-04-27-at-7.55.58-PM.png

cmunns

That's strange for me it looks inline (using Chrome) Which browser do you use?

cmunns

I think that is just the way FireFox does it. It's hard to say if it intentional or not.