Sign in to follow this  
naetro

Changing the size of the text area for features

naetro

I'd like the text area of my features to span the entire size of the background image instead of just covering a portion (like Text On Left, Text on Right, Text on Bottom currently do). I assume this requires custom CSS but haven't been able to pull it off. I'd gladly overwrite the settings of Text On Left since I don't think I'll ever use it as is. Any suggestions?

catrina

Do you want the text area to cover the ENTIRE background image or span the entire width of the background while it's positioned at either the top or bottom?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

naetro

I want the text area to cover the entire background image; from top to bottom and from left to right.

catrina

Add this CSS to your custom code or activate the child base theme and paste it into the base.css file:

div.fcontent {width: 1004px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

naetro

Thanks for your quick response! That didn't work for some reason, but I did manage to find the .fcontent settings I was looking for in themes/platformpro/pro/pro.css. In case anyone's interested, here's what I did: To get full width coverage for Text on Left/Right features, I changed

#feature_slider .fcontent { width: 33%; }
to
#feature_slider .fcontent { width: 100%; }
To get full height coverage for Text on Bottom features, I changed:
#feature_slider .fcontainer.text-bottom .fcontent{
			height: 80px;
	}
to
#feature_slider .fcontainer.text-bottom .fcontent{
			height: 320px;
	}
and removed
overflow:hidden;
from
#feature_slider .text-bottom .fcontent .ftext {

to make sure the text doesn't get cut off.

catrina

It's recommended that the changes you made to the CSS are put in the base.css file (in the child theme, which you need to activate if you haven't done so) rather than inside the pro.css file because when you upgrade, your changes will be lost.

Designer | Catrina Dulay