Sign in to follow this  
brightideas

Custom colors have disappeared!

brightideas

So, I looked at the site this morning and everything was hunky-dory. The main content area was black with white type, my secondary color, purple, was there, there were orange links. I have done nothing to the site since this morning and I am the only user on the site. I just went to upload a new logo and the dialogue box for Pagelines was looking odd. Then I went to preview the site and all the colors had been reset to the defaults... but not really. The design control says the background is #000000... but the default white/gray is showing up on the page. Yes, I have disabled all the plugins. Still messed up. Yes, I emptied my web cache just to make sure. Yes, I downloaded my Platform settings file and reloaded it. I even looked at the settings file and they say that background is supposed to be black. Here's the screenshot of the control panel: Piqng.jpg By the way, this is the site http://hayiya.brightideasgroup.com

brightideas

Apparently going in a physically moving the color slider around and resetting each individual color again will change it. Not really the best solution but the only one I have found for right now. If anyone else has had this problem and found a better solution, I'd appreciate an answer.

brightideas

I'm changing this back to unresolved because I am trying to fix the colors and I go to the Primary Elements Text Shadow Color and attempt to change the color in the picker on the right and it causes the color above it to change. I'm on Firefox for Mac, by the way...

kastelic

Penny, what version of platformpro are you running and have you tried upgrading to 1.3.5?

brightideas

I was on 1.3.5 Pagelines and 1.3.2 Base. Earlier, I tried to change the typography on it and nothing was changing, either. Now I have changed it to just 1.3.5 Pagelines since I'm not heavily customizing it and I'm going to have to reset everything again. The settings are showing up like they do in the screen shot above while the actual colors on the site are the defaults. This is getting really frustrating because, once again, I'm back to square one and having to redo all the color and typography settings again. I had planned on using Pagelines on other sites --- this site was the first experiment and I have three others I wanted to use this theme on. But I can't hand over a site to a client that is just suddenly going to revert back to the default settings for no reason at all.

brightideas

Just tried to change back the colors... again... (FYI, I have disabled AJAX saving and made dynamic CSS inline in the misc settings.) I changed the top four colors, save options, and checked the page --- all was good. I go down to the next part of the menu to change the text colors, change the text colors, save options, and then check the page... everything has reverted back to the default colors.

cmunns

I think you have a plugin conflict. Obviously the UI is screwed up, but the color pickers aren't supposed to behave like that...the box itself should be black if you have #000000 and its still white...also the bar is black and that's not supposed to change

brightideas

TubePress. It was a lovely little plugin that seems to be the issue.