Sign in to follow this  
jonathan

pagelines_before_header_image hook does not exist

jonathan

I'm trying to add some code prior to header image being loaded, and when watching the Using Your First Hook screencast from http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme there are a number of hooks like pagelines_before_header_image, pagelines_before_branding_icons, etc. in the Site Branding Section configuration (1:53 in the video) that are not listed in my version 1.3.5 of the Site Branding Section configuration. Although I could find the pagelines_before_branding_icons hook in Platform Pro code, the pagelines_before_header_image function is gone from the code. Is there any chance the hook could get added back in? Thanks, Jonathan

jonathan

I'm not sure how well that will work for me. I'm trying to do something like this poster did here, adding an image next to the logo image: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/4541 It seems like I'd have to create a custom div around the image and do a bunch of positioning to make it work since pagelines_before_branding is a separate div from the mainlogo div where the logo image goes. (I'm still a newbie when it comes to CSS positioning). Is there any way around that?

catrina

You can try doing what was suggested in that topic you mentioned and then we can work from there. In order for your image to be positioned where you want it be placed, it needs to have a class, as shown here: `IMAGEURLGOESHERE` ^ The class is used to differentiate that one image from all other images and it can be positioned using its own CSS like shown here:

img.imageclass {padding-left: #px;}

(Note the use of the image class name) Does that make sense?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jonathan

@Catrina - that does makes sense and I was able to use it, thanks!