Sign in to follow this  
rmcrorie

Help, please. Social Icons not linking properly

timlinson

What are your permalink settings in WP Settings > Permalinks? And what are the social icon URLs in PlatformPro > Settings > Header+Nav > Social Icons?

rmcrorie

Sorry Tim, incomplete answer...I am using a custom permalinks structure (/%postname%/) and using the entire user URL for the social media sites - example: www.facebook.com/pages/username/123456789 Any help is appreciated. Thanks

timlinson

Are the social links the only ones messed up? Are you using a custom branding template by chance? Deactivate all plugins just to make sure there's not a rogue plugin. A link to the site would also help.

rmcrorie

Good morning Tim Thanks for the follow up... Yes, the social icons are the only ones not working. The site I have tried deactivating all plugins, but that didn't seem to work either. Can I hard code the social icon links somewhere?

rmcrorie

SOLVED Developed a hack using hook example...in case anyone else runs into this problem, here are directions to solve it. 1) Erase whatever you have entered in Settings>Header & Nav under Social Icons 2) Enter the following code in functions.php using your social links

//Add Action ('hook', 'function')
			add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_icons_to_branding');

// function name
		function add_icons_to_branding(){
			?>

<?php }
		// end function[/code]

diretornak

I dont get it. Im having a similar problem but this solution makes no sense to me. I have inserted the links properly, but the icons just remain grayed out on hover, as if there was no link. Heres the website: http://www.khoma.com.br/

tmcsoftware

crap. i added the code to functions.php and it crashed my site. HELP! wp.tmcsoftware.com