Sign in to follow this  
arretx

Some pages allow me to Show Soapboxes but not Boxes.

arretx

When I create a page, the section selection for Soapboxes (Show Soapboxes) is visible, but there's no option to Show Boxes. Some pages have it, some dont. As a result the following page is displaying all sorts of boxes and soapboxes and they are not part of the defined box set that I have chosen for this page. Here's the link.

arretx

I've updated the link because I thought it may have been a parent page problem but it isn't. Try this link.

arretx

I'm not sure why, but the Boxes section in settings doesn't allow me to hide by default. What I found was that the Default Page template didn't have the boxes section in it, but that doesn't make sense because the boxes were still being shown. Very confusing.

ricardo

Jon, I'm not sure if you have been playing with PlatformPro long enough or not but for this to make sense I'm going to explain a few basic things. Every post and page form have the same Pagelines Meta Settings panel (middle column), whether its template has any of those sections or not. If that template doesn't have that section, it doesn't really matter if you fill them or not but the opposite is not true because they will display the default values. In other words, if you add the section Soapboxes to the Featured template, every page using it will display the default Soapboxes set unless you choose otherwise in the page's Pagelines Meta Settings panel. I believe this explains some of the behavior you reported. Additionally you can only hide a section using the Pagelines Section Control (right side column) panel and not by selecting the blank option (or -SELECT-) of the pull-down menu. Contrary to the Meta Settings panel, here you only get sections that are included in the template. Does all this makes sense to you? Ricardo