Sign in to follow this  
robin22

Sizing Boxes to not be full width - Urgent deadline approaching

robin22

I need the boxes to work within a left aligned Main Columin of 680 pixels wide. My site has a right sidebar of 320 pixels. I cannot get the boxes to hold into the left side Main Column. When I insert Soapboxes or Box Sets they always go full width and push down my right sidebar navigation. I want 3 pictures across the main column with captions underneath them. The Soapbox format is what I want. How do I do this? http://www.greenbuildinglearningcenter.com/?page_id=38

cmunns

Email me adam[at]pagelines.com I have made a Inline Boxes section.

marvan

Hi Adam, I would also like to achieve this in my website. Can you post how it is done? thanks Vanessa

Kate

Hi Vanessa, If you don't hear back from Adam here, I'm sure you'd be able to e-mail him as above.

WarriorII

Hi there, I've been looking for a solution for a simple task: top aligning my left side bar with the boxes on the right (main content). I found this similar post but unfortunately, didn't find the answer in it, but an email. This is the page I want to fix: http://raulguerrero.com/portfolio/ I have been "tricking it" with the margin-top align, but it positions differently on different browsers. Is there a way of make it work consistently on all browsers? It would be very useful for other people if you could post the answer for this topic on the Forum. I have the feeling we are not the only ones dealing with this one. Thanks in advance. --------------------------------------------------------------- This is my CSS: .fboxgraphic {width:200px !important;} .fboxtitle h3 {text-align:center;} .dcol_container_3 { width:660px; margin-left:-300px !important;} .dcol_3{ width:200px !important;} #boxes .boxes-area{width:660px} #boxes .dcol-pad {padding: 0 0 0 !important;} #boxes .clear{display:none} .page-id-52 #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-600px !important;} ---------------------------------------------------------------

Kate

Have you played around with the #boxes width? Lessening that should get you on the right track.

penny772

Thanks kate, will do tomorrow I tried uploading a plugin and my site is gone my hosting company sux its always ,missing files so my site is conveniently down (dripping sarcasm) and they only work 9 - 5 wish my client had gone another way. Thanks though will give it a go. :)

WarriorII

Hi Kate, Thanks for the response. No luck however... I reduced the #boxes width ??“ nothing then I got rid of that line ??“ nothing. Any clues? G2nBy.gif

cmunns

send me another email :) adam [at] adammunns.com

penny772

Hi guys here is what i have and its not doing a thing :-(( here is the page i need done http://www.quitfire.com/?page_id=133 and here is my code body{ } #cred {display:none;} #page-canvas {background:transparent !important} #page-main{background:transparent !important} #branding .content-pad { padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;} #boxes .content-pad{border-bottom:#transparent !important;} #boxes .dcol-pad {padding:0 0 0 0 !important;} #boxes .boxes-area {width:750px;} #boxes .clear{display:none} I just want all the boxes on the right and my sidebar next to it not above or below. I have changed every setting there possible is to a width of 120 for each box I have an area of 750 and i have the settings on three boxes across. HELP Me im going insane :-W

penny772

Oh and like the new forum its Kewl

Andrew

Thanks!

WarriorII

Hi Adam, Thanks for the fix, I do not understand how to make it work though... should I get rid of the CSS code I had? If I take it off, the boxes-columns spread whole width on the page... that is not what I need. I would like to keep the 3 columns with boxes and then the sidebar to the left, both aligned on top...

WarriorII

And, the file is already in the "sections" folder of PlatformBase, and I can see the new feature. Should I re-create the box set I have and make it a Content Box?