Sign in to follow this  
ctmike

PageNavi below body text, before 'sociable'

ctmike

The WP-PageNavi 2.50 usage instructions suggest putting: `<?php if(function_exists('wp_pagenavi')) { wp_pagenavi(); } ?>` anywhere in: wp-content/themes/<YOUR THEME NAME>/footer.php footer.php The pagination then appears at the bottom of the page, just above the footer. Elsewhere I have seen it suggested that putting it in the index.php, in the theme's function file or even immediately after 'the loop' will allow more flexibility, and allow pagination to appear elsewhere. It seems it may be theme specific. If I want to have my pagination appear after my body text and footnotes, and before my social bookmarks in all my posts, where should the PageNavi code be placed at installation, and is the code I've supplied above correct? (I've seen various other versions) - thanks for all your help.

cmunns

I'm sure the code you provided is correct, but you can switch the location if you go into the Template Setup Panel of PlatformPro (assuming you are using PP) Go to the Single Post Content Area item

ctmike

Thanks Adam. Yes, I am using PlatformPro and PlatformBase. Even before inserting the PageNavi code, adjusting the tiles on the single post page in the Template Setup Panel doesn't seem to change the position of the pagination. Page: http://bit.ly/e8JODB A screenshot of the configuration of tiles in my 'Template Sections' for 'Single Post Pages': 8qL82.png Also, where is one meant to insert the PageNavi code (as per my first post) using PlatformBase given that footer.php isn't available in Appearance -> Editor -> PlatformBase? As PP and PageNavi are configured to work together, what is the standard? Please help.

cmunns

Oh well I guess I see the confusion. WP Page Navi as far as i know doesn't paginate single post pages...it is a different function in WP all together that controls the single post page navigation and allows you to go back a post and forward a post. So no it will not work as expected in the single post template but will in the Posts page template area