Sign in to follow this  
austin

Carousel and BuddyPress

austin

Hi :-) (using the latest, gr8est version of each ;-)) Carousel breaks when selecting "Disable BP Template Pack JS/Ajax" (Platform Pro - BuddyPress Theme Compatibility) and selecting this option is necessary so that the drop-down select filter in BuddyPress Activity functions. The two just don't get along with my install ... and yep i disabled all plugins etc and discovered that the conflict is as mentioned. Any tips? Thanks, Austin

cshoffmann

Please provide a url address.

davemoppert

Yep. Looks like the newest update to buddypress is presenting some problems with the carousel. My images will not rotate now, and I cannot scroll through the carousel images/posts. I cannot disable buddypress because that is the primary function of my website... any fixes? My URL is: http://fmpbowcast.com

cmunns

Dave would you mind setting up a test page for us to look at with the carousel active so we check for errors?

davemoppert

There should be 8 images scrolling

cmunns

Dave I think the problem is a js error causing the carousel to break. I see the error here: <script type="text/javascript"> $(#signup-welcome).p(;:last-child').css('display', 'none'); </script> There is a syntax error somewhere.

davemoppert

How do I fix this? I am not a big coder, but would really appreciate some help! Thanks!

cmunns

Actually I think the problem is the easing plugin is out of date. Add this to your -Base functions.php file ` if ( !is_admin() ) { wp_register_script('easing_update', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') . '/jquery.easing.1.3.js', '', '1.3' ); wp_enqueue_script('easing_update'); } ` and add the appropriate js file to your -Base root http://gsgd.co.uk/sandbox/jquery/easing/

davemoppert

That worked! Thanks so much! You are a lifesaver! How do I give you a Karma?

timlinson

The button only shows up for the original posters. I went ahead and karma'ed him for you.