Sign in to follow this  
helvar1975

How do I reformat one of the footers?

helvar1975

I would like to replace the text in the footer columns 'looking for something', 'visit our friends' and 'archives' with the text currently in lower footer (in the navy blue area in the picture). OvAvx.png I like the formatting of the top footer ('looking for something' etc.) and want to get rid of the lower footer (the dark blue section) altogether. I've tried adding #footer{display:none;} to the Custom CSS to remove one of the footers, and I've also played around with the widgets. No luck. I appreciate your help. Katie

timlinson
... want to get rid of the lower footer (the dark blue section) altogether.
Actually you don't need css here. You can go to PlatformPro > Settings > Template Setup, and select "Site Footer" from the dropdown. Drag "Footer Sidebars" to the inactive side on the right. To override the default "looking for something" footers you mentioned, you can put stuff in the Morefoot Left/Middle/Right sidebars in Appearance > Widgets.

helvar1975

Thanks, Tim. I should have indicated I'm using EcoPro, not Platform Pro, so the menus are a little different. But, I think I'm getting closer. I was able to remove the 'Looking for Something' footer. See picture. 6onUi.png Now, I'd like to do two things to the remaining footer (the area in dark blue): 1) Change the background color to match the spotlight area color 2) Make three columns instead of five and have them spread evenly across the page width.

timlinson

Oops, ecopro.. hmm I would actually do the reverse. - hide the footer: `#footer .content {display:none;}` - adjust the morefoot area: `#morefoot .morefoot_back {background:#123456;}` - adjust the morefoot content via footer left/middle/right sidebars in Appearance > Widgets

helvar1975

Thanks again, Tim. It looks like I'm one step closer. The only thing that isn't working is hiding the bottom footer (dark blue area). AqAmU.png Here's my Custom CSS in case I've done something wrong: body{} .contentcontainer, .texture { min-height:280px;} .texture { padding-bottom:5px;} #site {background:transparent;} .pagelines{display:none} #maincontent { padding-top:20px;} .hentry { border:0; padding-bottom:0;} #spotlight .shadow-bottom { background-color: #2a8ebf; background-image:display:none; #footer .content {display:none;} #morefoot .morefoot_back {background:#2a8ebf;} #nav { bottom:25px;} .textcontent h2 { font-family: Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 1.8em; } .textcontent h3 { color:#f06500;} .textcontent { font-size:110%; line-height:1.6em;} .textcontent li { padding:6px 5px;} /* Misc ----------------------------------------------------------- */ .alignright { border:3px double #ccc; margin:5px 5px 15px 15px; } .alignleft { border:3px double #ccc; margin:5px 15px 15px 5px; } .aligncenter { border:3px double #ccc; margin:15px; } hr { height:3px; border:0; border-top:1px dotted #ccc; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; margin:25px 0; }

timlinson

Have you applied these changes to the live site? When I go to the .org page and apply the footer code with Firebug, it gets rid of the footer for me. Maybe you can try adding !important: `#footer .content {display:none !important;}`