Sign in to follow this  
jamesarnfinsen

Update crisis!

jamesarnfinsen

I just updated to the latest version of wordpress (from 3.1 to 3.1.1), and everything went to sh##! The only thing that comes up is a lot of text/code that seems to relate to the WP Cache plugin that I recently installed. I've tried to manually deleted the cache plugin via FTP, but it doesn't make a difference. Haven't a clue what to do :( My page is: http://www.levevei.no/ Kind regards James

cmunns

You updated WP and this happened? THat's definitely not right. Do you have a backup you can use to restore?

jamesarnfinsen

I've been a very lazy geek and didn't di a back up :s I suppose one has to learn the hard way! Do I have any option? James

Simon

Yes, don't panic for a start! Looking at this immediately points to PHP no longer parsing your .php files. So I'm thinking you must have had a custom line with AddHandler or similar in your `.htaccess` that you deleted when you upgraded!

jamesarnfinsen

Thanks Simon, I must admit that I don't really understand what that means, but I'm sure your onto something ;) Kind regards James

Kate

Hey James, If you contact your hosting company, they should be able to help you out.