Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Can I create three advertising boxes at the bottom? Like...

cmunns

I would use boxes and style them accordingly. If you need help we could guide you.

bizint

Well these boxes (on the guie site) have a couple of issues...they have background images - for people etc... then they have writing in the boxes...physical writing rather than an image....and then they have a curved edge rectangle which they live in... To do it as boxes...would I have to create a lone clickable image? I'd rather have the words registering on a google search...

cmunns

Of course. You can do exactly what you want using css and applying background images to specific boxes. Each box has a unique ID that you can use to apply the image (rounded corners, gradient, and the image itself) then just use the text portion as usual. View the soure and you'll see a .fbox_id class applied that can be used like so in css: `.fbox_xx {background:url('images/myimage.png') no-repeat top left;}`

bizint

I've put the morefoot section in with a 3 section area....could this do the same thing as a "3 box" area? Or would it be better to go for three boxes that rotate randomly in?

bizint

Also...I've put the boxes into the morefoot area...but it seems to default to two boxes only (when I want three)...can I change to three of even 5 easily? Not sure how? Is it easy to change numbers? Also...how wide are the areas for images for any box...Is it a guess according to width (960/3) or is it easy to figure out how big these spaces are?

timlinson

Make sure that one of the boxes didn't get left out of the box set. You can set the # of boxes to show and # of boxes in a row in PlatformPro > Settings > Box Settings.

bizint

i Cmunns - like you suggested I tried to put a picture behind by using: .fbox_xx {background:url('images/myimage.png') no-repeat top left;} as you suggest - I put the id for the box (it was 1415 or somesuch) and in the images put both of these: 'wp-content/uploads/2011/04/mini-business-interiors-map-of-england.jpg' http://www.businessinteriors.co.uk/betatest/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/mini-business-interiors-map-of-england.jpg I didnt get any change?

cmunns

I don't see the rule in there when I inspect the page, but at any rate your path to the image is probably wrong. Try using the absolute path to the image location.

bizint
9UAkb.jpg This is how I've put the code into the CSS...I thinks its all ok?

timlinson

switch the period to a hash `#fbox_1615`