Sign in to follow this  
jimnyc62

Delete Page Title on Static Homepage

jimnyc62

For my general website, JimLochner.com, I'm using a static homepage. I want the page titles on all the other pages (at least for now), but not on the homepage. Is there a simple way to get rid of it? Thanks, Jim

ricardo

Hey Jim! If memory serves, there used to be an option to hide the title but I'm not seeing it on my test install... maybe a dev can chime in... Anyway, here's an option for you: - Go to PlatformPro > Blog and Posts and activate the option to show page titles automatically; - Then add the following to your custom css code:

body.home-page h1.pagetitle { display: none; }

Ricardo

jimnyc62

Hi Ricardo, Thanks for the tip. I tried that but didn't seem to work. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Thanks anyway. :) Jim

ricardo

Hi Jim! Sorry. In the code above delete "-page" so that it begins with "body.home" Ricardo

jimnyc62

That did it! Thanks so much, Ricardo. Jim

unne

Hey, this worked nicely for me too, however, there are a few additional pages where I would prefer the title to not show. Just to make sure, I tried copying the code from above one more time while replacing "home" with the name of one of my pages but that didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks.

unne

I figured it out. Here's what I did in case someone else needs to know: body.page-id-73 h1.pagetitle { display: none; } where 73 is the id for the relevant page