Sign in to follow this  
8216az7373

Blog Teaser Blog post

8216az7373

I have home page set to latest blog post. It shows both the teaser paragraph and the whole blog post. How do I have it show the top 10 blog "teaser paragraphs only" on the home page? Users would need to click through to see the rest.

ricardo

Hi Scott! Go to PlatformPro Settings > Blog and Posts and make sure that Blog/Posts Page is checked in Post Excerpt section and unchecked in Full Post Content. Ricardo

barroncuadro

Same issue as scott, except I want to keep the first post as a full blog post. I don't want the excerpt to show as well, however, so how can I hide it? Currently it's set up as one full blog post, followed by 4 teaser posts in magazine style format. I need the excerpts to stay for the teaser posts, but want them gone for the initial full post. Ideas?

cmunns

maybe try css `.home .fpost .excerpt {display:none;}` do you have a link Barron?

barroncuadro

Cool Adam. This definitely works, I just thought there'd be another way to control it within the pagelines panel. I've implemented this for the time being. Thanks! link: http://www.sociallypopular.com/

spagrl

I am also trying to supress the excerpt on the full post (I currently have 2 full posts and teasers on the home page)...but this CSS code didn't work for me? Any other suggestions? Thank you!

cmunns

Shannon, can you hook it up with a link? What do your blog and post options say? Check them first.

spagrl

My homepage is www.practicalskintuition.com I currently have my options set to magazine layout, 2 full posts. Post excerpts I have all but single page post selected. I want excerpts on the the teasers but not on the full posts. thanks!

catrina

What do you have enabled under the Full Post Content section in Blog And Posts settings?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

spagrl

I have only Posts/Blog Page selected.

catrina

When I visit your site and view the full blog post, I don't see an excerpt at the top of the post. Are you not seeing the same thing?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

spagrl

It's not on the single post page, but it is on the home page. I want to suppress it on the home page (where there are two full posts and the clips of others). this is the excerpt--> I love a day of fun in the sun as much as anyone else, but you should be practicing safe sun as well!

spagrl

Actually, I figured it out. I just modified the original css .home .fpost .excerpt {display:none;} to .home .fpost .post-excerpt {display:none;} and that did it.