Sign in to follow this  
meshmarketer

Read More Tag

meshmarketer

I saw that WordPress does not offer a "Read More" tag on Excerpts by default (which is completely idiotic if you ask me...look at any excerpt of just a few words and tell me that you don't think there should be a "Read More" link or graphic or button). Anyway, I have looked through the "help" on this and have not found anything that is useful. I want to be able to do this by default and not manually each time. I can't figure out exactly where to put this in the theme. Why the HELL isn't there a checkbox to enable or disable this?

kgstew

Hi Joseph, You can add a line to any posts to add a read more link using the visual editor or adding the following code in any post. <!--more--> Put it into your post and you can control how long the excerpt for the post will be. You can control the text or add an image by using the CSS class a.continue_reading_link {}

Simon

Yes wordpress does have read more links! Under Blog and Posts -> Post Excerpt or Summary Handling tick blog/posts page then make sure Full Post Content posts/ blog pages is unticked. Now whatever you put into Continue Reading Link Text will be your 'Read More'.

timlinson

Based on ID) . '">Read More...'; } add_filter('excerpt_more', 'my_excerpt_more'); `

meshmarketer

I got this resolved by participating in another thread. The answer was to go to Pages and Posts > Post Footer Link on Posts Page > CHANGE -Select- TO Point Link to Post "Single" Page. Thanks for your responses.