Sign in to follow this  
helvetik_a

positioning main navigation

helvetik_a

Hi. Could you please explain me how to add a hook to move the main navigation in another page to another place? I do know well html and css, but i am a complete newbee in php coding. I just send you a screenshot from the homepage and from the next section. s76ax&74Je9 thx corina

cmunns

Hey Corina, I'm not sure I understand your needs. Can you rephrase your question?

Sourena

I think she means she wants to relocate the menu in different pages. For example in "About us" page the menu is on the right, but in "Contact" page it is on the left. Am I right, Patricia?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

helvetik_a

Hi again. Sorry, my english is not the best... Sourena you did understand well. My header section changes in the different pages. In the home page i do have the branding, after the feature set and at least the main nav. In my about page i only have the branding section, and the main nav. In this case the main navigation "jumps" up. What code do i need to control the position of the main nav on different pages, and where i have to write it? Many thanks.

timlinson

Hmm odd.. have you made any custom css rules? Can you try deactivating all plugins to see if there's a conflict? Also a direct link to the site would help.

helvetik_a

Hi to all. Thx for trying to help me out. Tim, take a look on the screenshot... The frontpage has the main navigation under the feature-set. It seems as the features "holds" the navigation bar. In the 2-page i do not have anymore the feature in the header...so the main navigation is jumping up. The only css rule i applied are the height of the feature area. (500px)in the frontpage. I want the header to change in some pages. Sometimes with the logo, feature and main nav, sometimes without feature. thx corina

Kate

Hi Corina, Where is your Feature added in "Settings->Template Setup"? Is it dragged and dropped on top of navigation, perhaps?

helvetik_a

Hi Kate! Many thanks for your respons. My Template setup of the header is the following: 1.Branding 2.Features 3.Navigation 4.Secondary Nav Maybe there are some hooks to change the header for different pages. Thx

cmunns

It would help to get a live link, but you can use page ids and css to stop the main nav from overlapping the logo on respective pages. The proper CSS though I'm unsure about since I can't see the HTML of your site.

helvetik_a

Hi Cmunns. I am working on a localserver...so i will just figure out the page ID's and see if i can change the main navigation there. I'll let you know. Thx again Corina

cshoffmann

I agree with Cmunns (Adam's) answer. Use the page ids and custom css to alternate the menu on pages.