Sign in to follow this  
rossjlennox

Applying custom CSS to Forum page

rossjlennox

Hi, I am pretty much new to all things css but am trying to help a friend integrate a new bbPress install to an exisitng WordPress site, http://www.wolfhirschhorn.org. Our aim is to use custom CSS to stop some PageLines elements (namely boxes and features) displaying on certain pages. The following lines entered in the CSS Rules box, under the Custom Code section of the PlatformPro Settings have the desired effect when viewing the main blog page and single posts. .blog #boxes{display:none} .blog #feature{display:none} .single-post #boxes{display:none} .single-post #feature{display:none} I am, however, not sure how to do the same for the bbPress page. I have tried adding the below lines, but no dice. .bbforum #feature{display:none} .bbforum #boxes{display:none} If anyone is able to point me in the right direction I would be very much obliged. Thanks in advance, Ross

cmunns

Try it with a hash instead. `#bbforum #feature....`

rossjlennox

Thanks Adam... Sorry, should've said, I tried it with the hash first. ` #bbforum #feature{display:none} #bbforum #boxes{display:none} ` Same result on http://www.wolfhirschhorn.org/forum/. Feature and Boxes still visible.

kgstew

Hi Ross, What about using a different page template for the pages you do not want the feature to show up on? If features are not activated in the Platform settings you will not have to hide them.

rossjlennox

Thanks Kyle, that sounds like it may be a better idea... So, I have various templates under the Template Setup section of the PlatformPro Theme Options, some of which have no Features or Boxes displayed - so far so good. But regardless of which of these I select in the Page attributes section when editing the page in question the Features and Boxes still show. I have also tried ticking the Hide PageLines Features and Hide PageLines Boxes tick boxes under the PageLines Section Control section, but no joy there either. I'm sure I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious! Any ideas?

rossjlennox

Seems my forum page is missing a bbpress body class, which I am lead to believe should be dynamically added. Anyone able to give me any pointers as to how I would go about creating this bbpress body class? Thanks, Ross

rossjlennox

Thanks once again for all your help on this, I think we have found the root of our problem... The way the templates were set up, the Features and Boxes sections were added into the Site Header template as opposed to one of the Page Templates - which explains why ticking the Hide PageLine Features or Hide PageLines Boxes tick boxes for any given page had no effect. Features and Boxes now moved to the default page template and they can be hidden/shown without any issue. Cheers, Ross