Sign in to follow this  
cmhjon

Recent Posts Widget showing multiple categories in sidebar

cmhjon

I have two post categories, one named "The News" and the other named "Customers Speak". I have configured "Footer Left" sidebar with a Recent Posts widget to show "The News" and "Footer Middle" sidebar with a Recent Posts widget to show "Customers Speak". Footer Left and Footer Middle are showing the correct titles but are showing links to posts from both categories. What am I doing wrong?

Kate

Hey John, It's hard to say without seeing your plugin settings. But, this sounds like a question better suited for the plugin developers.

cmhjon

To the best of my knowledge, I am not using any outside plugins. I am simply dragging a "Recent Posts" widget to the side bar and giving the widget a title that matches the name of the post category. There are no other settings that I know of.

cmunns

This is the default recent posts widget? The default one doesn't allow category distinctions.

cmhjon

Yes, I am just using the default widget. Is there one that can distinguish categories?

cmhjon

Hi Tim, I read the description and it doesn't seem to say anything about listing category posts in sidebars. Do you know if it can do this? Thanks, Jon