Sign in to follow this  
freshlydesigned

Nav menu 100% width

freshlydesigned

Hi there, This is more of a CSS question but if anybody could help it would be great. I am having issues standardizing the Nav menu so the last item (in my case Contact Us) will get pushed down to another line on iphones and ipads. I could take out the 'us' and the manu will stay on the same line, but then in Firefox it will look like a huge space to the far right margin. Is there any CSS that can space the menu to 100% width via automatically adjusting the padding, instead of having to set fixed padding? Thanks a lot Jamie

Kate

Hi James, Do you have a link to your site, please?

Kate

Hi James, It just seems to be a matter of not enough room. You could alter the spacing of the links. For instance:

.main-nav a{padding-left:6px !important;padding-right:6px !important;}

freshlydesigned

Hi Kate, Thanks, I just wondered of there was CSS that would achieve maximum padding to fill out the space so it looks good in Firefox, Chrome, Safari AND on an iphone, ipad etc. Will try and fiddle with padding though, thanks again. :-)

freshlydesigned

...or maybe easier...is there some code that you can just apply those padding changes on mobile browsers?

freshlydesigned

Thanks Adam, that's interesting...and a little beyond my powers probably, but thanks!

toddatkins

Hey I'm having the exact same issue with the nav menu and the last item, ("contact" in my case) being wrapped around and pushed down. Throws the whole look of the page. See: Baton Rouge Counseling I tried Kate's suggestion above, and it did not work. I even played with the numbers but to no avail. I'd love it if someone could find an easy fix for this and post it here. Hell, I'd pay... ;-)

toddatkins

Addendum Note: It happens only when I view the page from an iphone (safari) browser.

toddatkins

I am so sorry. I have been using a CDN (cloudflare), and sometimes I can't see updates until hours later. This fix above mentioned by Kate DOES actually work for me. I just need to tweak the numbers. God, I feel like an idiot. Sorry again and thanks Kate.