Sign in to follow this  
whatdadizzle

Disqus comment system issue and other Platform Pro issues

whatdadizzle

I have Disqus installed and there seems to be a conflicting comment system(platform Pro comment system?). How do I fix the issue? Several other issues include; I upgraded to 1.3.5 and my feature slider shows only on one page, my homepage. My boxes are showing on multiple pages(should not), my universal sidebar is on every page and should not be. Now, when I switch back to BASE, my boxes are in the correct location, the universal sidebar is correct as well, but my feature slider issue is a little worse as NOT even my homepage feature slider shows. Minor issue, afraid it may become a larger issue in the future. When I upload images to features, they should show up in my dashboard...their not. Why and how can I fix the problem? Footer, under Pager is my corporate info, I want it to say Corporate information instead of Pages. Where my RSS Feed is says More, I want it to say RSS Feed. In other words, how to I get those titles to say what I want them to say? How can I make all those links horizontal instead of vertical? How can I remove the latest post from the footer? I used the Markup Validation and found two errors; http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whatdadizzle.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 I'm not familiar with how to fix these problems, how do I fix these? I unlocked my site so you can go and see things as they are today.

catrina
I have Disqus installed and there seems to be a conflicting comment system(platform Pro comment system?). How do I fix the issue?
If you're using Disqus, you can disable the default Platform comments by editing the discussion settings in the post editor (Discussion > uncheck box next to Allow Comments).
Now, when I switch back to BASE, my boxes are in the correct location, the universal sidebar is correct as well, but my feature slider issue is a little worse as NOT even my homepage feature slider shows.
Make sure that your feature slider is enabled in Template Setup (Settings > Template Setup > select Posts Pages from the dropdown menu > drag PageLines Features to the left).
When I upload images to features, they should show up in my dashboard...their not. Why and how can I fix the problem?
Do you mean that the image thumbnail previews don't show up after upload? If that's not it, can you describe in detail or provide a screenshot?
Footer, under Pager is my corporate info, I want it to say Corporate information instead of Pages. Where my RSS Feed is says More, I want it to say RSS Feed. In other words, how to I get those titles to say what I want them to say?
There are no settings for customizing the titles in these widgets, but it's possible to edit them in the parent file (however, keep in mind that when you upgrade the theme, the changes made to these titles will not carry over).
How can I make all those links horizontal instead of vertical?
Which links are you referring to? The Pages links? The first validation error has to do with your LinkedIn link. Try including the LinkedIn link in the simple format: http://linkedin.com/in/YOURPROFILENAMEHERE The second validation error is occurring in the "terms" widget. To fix it, edit the widget in your settings: Replace `Protected by Copyscape Website Copyright Protection` with this instead: `Protected by Copyscape Website Copyright Protection` Save your changes and then paste this in your custom CSS area:
img.copyright {border: 0;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

whatdadizzle

Catrina, a lot of the things you said worked, but I decided to delete the Copyscape because it didn't work. If you're using Disqus, you can disable the default Platform comments by editing the discussion settings in the post editor (Discussion > uncheck box next to Allow Comments). I went to Settings>Discussion and unchecked almost every box except for the top two and the default Platform Pro comment system is still active. Also, can you tell me why my navigation menu is all jacked up now?

whatdadizzle

Do you mean that the image thumbnail previews don't show up after upload? If that's not it, can you describe in detail or provide a screenshot? Yes. The original thumbnails that came with Platform Pro show, but not one other one does. I also set up my feature sets so that the feature slider will show different on other pages, but it's not working. Uuugh, I'm having a lot of small problems.

kastelic

If you uncheck comments in the Comments settings it will only affect new pages and posts, you still have to go back into each individual page and post an uncheck "allow comments" (click on screen options and check "comments" if you don't see that area.) Can you give us a link to the site so we can determine what's going on with the jacked navigation?

whatdadizzle

www.whatdadizzle.com Ok, I've went into every individual page and uncheck allow comments and the bug is still there. Here's the funny thing tho... using my iphone browser Safari, there is no bug; using Firefox and Safari on my Macbook Pro, there is a bug. I've made one post available for you to see what I am talking about. http://www.whatdadizzle.com/the-reminders/

cmunns

I actually don't see the WP comment system on that page, just Disqus...is it potentially cached? Also the home slider seems to be working properly as well. Are you adding custom css to the dynamic.css file? I see a height applied to the nav...?

whatdadizzle

/Users/tirrellsmith/Desktop/Disqus error.png The logout button underneath Disqus shouldn't be there or the Subscribe by Email or RSS links right? I don't think it is cache, to be sure I've went in a cleared all my cache and it is still there. Are you guys seeing what is in that photo, if not, it is something on my end. My home slider is working fine now. My issue with that is that each page had it's own feature slider through feature sets and now...well I'm having a lot of problems sorting out the problem. I've nearly figured out my navigation issues, I think it's the font size, but I can't figure out why my search bar is not lined up with the rest of the navigation menu. Any help? The navigation is custom css in the platform pro custom code section.