Sign in to follow this  
comhairle

Sidebar Widgets: Posts vs Pages

comhairle

Hi. The docs say that there should be two sidebar areas: main_sidebar and Secondary Sidebar and that using both means you can have different sidebars on posts and pages. I have a widget block for main_sidebar and that works... for both pages and posts. I have no block called Secondary Sidebar. How do I get a different sidebar on posts? Thanks

catrina

You need to enable the Secondary Sidebar by dragging and dropping it in Settings > Template Setup. You also need to edit the sidebar settings in the post editor (these are located on the right side).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

comhairle

Thank you. In my WordPres admin, I have a Settings > menu with no Template Setup option, or a iBlog Pro > menu with Theme Options or Feature Setup options. Where should I be looking?

catrina

Ah, sorry, you're using iBlogPro, not PlatformPro. To enable that secondary sidebar, you need to add content to it by going to Appearance > Widgets.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

comhairle

Thanks, I appreciate the help. As I mentioned, when I go to Widgets, I do not have a sidebar block called Secondary Sidebar. There's nothing there to add widgets to; thus my confusion. Is my install broken or something? It seems like it should be there.

catrina

Ahhh, I see. I think the sidebar you are looking for is actually the drag and drop sidebar. This is a sidebar that you can enable in an individual page or post.

Designer | Catrina Dulay