Sign in to follow this  
acuitas

Reverse the Chronological Order of Posts

acuitas

I hope this isn't asking too much. I did some homework and found this solution: -------------- In your index.php file, look for this bit of code: <?php if(have_posts()) : ?><?php while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> Right before that line, add this code: <?php query_posts($query_string . ???&order=ASC???) ?> -------------- Trouble is I can't find an index.php in the Platform Pro theme or wordpress that has that line of code. Maybe I am just tired and blind today. But can anyone offer me another lead on a solution to my goal. I want the blog posts to list in reverse order. Sounds silly, but I have a good reason.

acuitas

One more thing....more importantly, I need to reverse the order of posts in one category, but not in another, but I'm sure that is asking way too much.

timlinson

Hey acuitas, in the platform framework, that loop takes place in the platformpro/template.postloop.php file. It's best to copy it over to the platformbase folder and make your changes there in order to preserve them through ppro ugprades. For your 2nd question, you might get some ideas from this codex link. They use the `posts_orderby` filter and `is_category()` conditional.. you may be able to adapt it to your needs. If you end up using a hook instead, it would go in the platformbase/functions.php file. http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Queries#Display_Order_and_Post_Count_Limit

acuitas

Thank you so much Tim. What a terrific and intelligent answer! I think I can do this. I will pursue this avenue. Again, thanks!

timlinson

Cool, post back if you run into any issues.