Sign in to follow this  
jasonp

Magazine/newspaper like format

jasonp

I was wondering, is there a way you can customize (or help me customize) the WHP theme to make it a bit more of a magazine like output, a la HuffPo or NYTimes? Basic idea would be to have some headline links across the top, and then a split lower down with blog headlines at left, and news articles at right (or, some variation of this). Thanks! Jason

jnoh

Hm, I take it you'd want to do this with the blog section? This would require quite a bit of customization. What exactly would you want it to look like?

jnoh

That would be quite a bit of work actually. I'm not sure if we can do a job this big as custom work; however, I can check if you'd like. I can definitely put this down as a feature request for future releases. What do you think?

jasonp

Personally, I would definitely be interested in it -- I'm looking at other premium wordpress themes for this specific newspaper site just because I need it for a specific platform, but was hoping customizing WHP might be an option just because I've been so happy with the pagelines work. If it's that hard though, I certainly wouldn't suggest doing it just for me! Perhaps though, it's a large enough area of interest for wordpress users that it might be worth pagelines coming out with a separate magazine/newspaper theme...what do you think?

peters_publishing

I really want these kind of split columns as well. It's too bad the themes can't be styled this way. Solostream does a good job of this with most of their themes. It's great if you want a magazine. The thing is, I want my site to be a PageLines theme, because of the look and other functions. I hope in the future this type of option will be available.

Andrew

We're always improving... we're working on ways of getting more dynamic flow of content.