Sign in to follow this  
universalhall7

Banner alignment - video and form

universalhall7

Hi - I'm trying to resolve a small misalignment between a video (left side of a banner) and a form (right side of the banner). Here is the page Alchemy Techniques If I use a default page and put the form in the primary sidebar and the video in the content area it looks perfect but I only want my form on the first page and something else on in the primary sidebar on other pages. This could possibly be a fix if I could just have the form appearing in the primary sidebar on the home page. Thanks for the help in advance. Thessa

catrina

If you're not going to use the primary sidebar in pages other than the home page, you can disable the primary sidebar in those other pages (on the right side settings of your Page editor for those pages). On the other hand, if you do plan on using the primary sidebar on other pages, instead of putting the form in the primary sidebar, you can put it within the page so that it lines up with the video. I'm looking at your source and it looks like you added the form as a banner. Is that correct?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

universalhall7

Hi Catrina Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I want the primary sidebar on all pages, but the form only on the first page and other sidebar content on other pages. It's the darndest thing - If I just put the form and video side by side using the content area (I've tried various ways, table, align property etc), I can't get them to line up either.... The top of the form always aligns to about the bottom of the video. I've tried sifting through the form code (obviously from a third party) so see if it's something they've put in but no luck so far. So yes, I've used a banner here with the form as the banner content. It almost works! If I can either align the form to the top of the video or have the form align vertically equally to the video I would love either.

kastelic

Well, here's one quick fix you could try to lower the video in line with the form:

.banner-media-pad{margin-top:35px}

Copy and paste this code in Custom Code -> Custom CSS. If this isn't satisfactory let us know 'cause there's more than one way to solve your problem.

universalhall7

Yay - Fantastic Jimmy - worked like a charm. Thanks!