Sign in to follow this  
Jenny

Featured slider

Jenny

So I'm a little confused with the featured slider and how to set it up. Right now I have 5 posts and they're just stationary, they don't slide automatically. Where did I miss the option to change this? Some of the stuff in the theme options is so confusing. Well most of the stuff is. Oh.. another question on the featured slider. Is there a way to make it so my home page, which has a slider and boxes, displays a sidebar that goes all the way to the top? For some reason it will not do that. I'm obviously missing something here too. It is a custom page.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ricardo

Hi Jenny! The way to make it autoplay is to set a value in the PlatformPro settings > Feature Settings > Feature Viewing Time. Try 5000. Ricardo

Jenny

Thank you Ricardo. :) I will mess around with it! Hopefully you or someone else can help with the other question too!

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ricardo

Sorry, I overlooked it. That's the normal and expect behavior of the featured slider. I've read a couple of threads here about that but sadly can't locate them. Search the forum.

catrina
Is there a way to make it so my home page, which has a slider and boxes, displays a sidebar that goes all the way to the top?
Do you mean a sidebar that falls directly to the right of the slider and boxes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny

Yes Catrina, that is exactly what I mean.

ricardo

Jenny, The feature slider was made to go in the full width page and not in the content area (sided by sidebars). If you search for feature slider you'll find a hack using negative margins that will work but depending on the complexity of your code (content, plugins, etc) can break really bad. As far as I know, a proper solution is on the devs to do list but I have no idea when it will be out. Ricardo