Sign in to follow this  
Jenny

Adding images in a post side by side

Jenny

I have another blog using another theme (haven't made the switch yet) where I frequently post photo thumbnails within a post side by side (like 5 in a row) with a space in between each. It's a way to have a gallery without a gallery I guess. When I try to put photos side by side in a post in Platform Pro (using the same exactly method that works above), it does not work. Instead the images are vertically aligned and no matter what I do, they won't format like I want them to. Does anyone know why? The only way I have figured out to do it in Platform Pro (and it limits me to two photos) is float:left and float:right. But I need to use more than two photos. :(

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ricardo

If memory serves, I never had that problem. Anyway, if you float them all to the same side, they will line up. Ricardo

Jenny

Oh so i can just float:left all the images and they'll line up like I'm wanting? Guess I never thought of that one. I just thought it was weird so I assume there's something in the code or css that I'm missing.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

catrina
using the same exactly method that works above
What exact method is this? If "float:left-ing" all the images as mentioned above doesn't work, another solution I can think of is adding thumbnail images in a table that is styled with CSS (to get it looking the way you want).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ricardo

Catrina, Before that it would be easier to use WP's gallery function, which in fact should be Jenny's first choice. Ricardo

catrina

Ricardo, ah, yes, that's right. I forgot about gallery's column/row number function :). Thanks. Jenny, you can use WP gallery function and customize how many thumbnails will show in a row. Here's a reference for that code you can use: http://codex.wordpress.org/Gallery_Shortcode

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Jenny

Thanks for your replies. When I stated "the exactly the same as above", I mean that on my non-Pagelines blog, it shows up as image space image but on my Pagelines blog they show up one on top of the other. I appreciate the gallery plugin info, but I don't think that will work for me. I don't necessarily want thumbnails. Sometimes I'll have only 2 images spanning the post width so I'll have them at 300px wide each, but other times (with more images), they may be 200 or even 100px each.

Sourena

You might want to use a table to organize the way images look on your page. This plugin makes everything easier: WP-Table Reloaded

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Jenny

Thanks for the info Sourena. I'll check it out!