Sign in to follow this  
8216az7373

Columns

8216az7373

Sorry for a basic question. Ive looked everywhere, but Im missing something regarding column use. Looked at all tutorials and videos. Im not getting their result. I want the default page to be one column and have my content stretch the full page width. Then on other pages I want to use multiple columns. Simple, I know... It isnt working for me. Default page set to one column. Default page content only has content (draggable from right). Create page and set template to "default page" (no parent). Turn off all sidebar checkboxes. I always have my content in the middle of the page as if it is a three column setup. Even though I have a one column template selected. Question 2 -- I see sidebar 1, 2 and tertiary, What if you need more? If I have 10 pages and I want them all to have a different set of 3 sidebars, how do I do it? Thank you in advance!!!

bizint

Hi Scott - on question 2 - I'm so with you on the widget issues and mutliple pages....I've got round it using Widget Logic..(its a plugin)...go on youtube and watch the vid how to use it...that should help! On question1 I'll leave it to the experts...

timlinson

Scott, if I understand #1 correctly, the issue here is just the width of the 1-column layout. Go to PPro settings > Layout Editor > Content Layout Editor (2nd section of the page). Click the 1-column layout box, max out the content width in the layout diagram, and then save.

dainiswmichel
hmm, i'm wanting to adjust the width of the 1column layout only as well, and when i change it -- it changes the width of all of the layouts. using the latest framework.

Rob
Dainis, because you're using a totally different product, would you mind opening a new topic for your question? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur