Sign in to follow this  
leannenicole

Choosing Feature on a category page

leannenicole

Hi there - On my site I've set up Leadership Team bios as posts, and I set the Leadership Team link to show the posts in the "Leadership Team" category. I've also set the Blog Posts pages to show a Feature Set. Where do I choose which feature set to show on this page? I can't figure it out because it's not really a page that it's returning, but a set of posts. Also how do I get it to show a specific Feature for only this category of posts? i.e. I don't want it to show a Feature for posts in the "blog" category. Thanks!

leannenicole

Oops, I should add the site I'm working on: www.solarnetworksolutions.com/staging

catrina
Where do I choose which feature set to show on this page?
Go to Template Setup > Select Posts Pages from the dropdown > Drag PageLines Features to the left to enable it. Once you do that, go to Settings > Feature Settings > Select Feature-Set for Posts & 404 Pages > Select your desired feature set from the dropdown list. To show a feature set on a specific category page, you can open the post editor for a post and edit the Feature Slider Section in the meta settings (it's at the bottom of the post editor).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hughhempel

I am trying to accomplish the same thing as Leanne. Catrina's reply was useful and got us about 70% there... Her last sentence as somewhat inaccurate... You can set the "feature set" for a specific post using that technique, but I still do not find (I suspect it does not exist) a way to have a particular "category posts" page display a specific feature set as there is no "admin UI" for the category pages per se... I assume that this will require the clever use of hooks/filters... Can someone point us in the right direction? Thanks,

hughhempel

This subject was also well covered in another topic: here... And again here... Perhaps a developer can correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect that the best workaround today is to use PAGES as the container for a Category of Posts which are supplied by either a plugin and/or some pretty simple WP code... I would echo the numerous requests to add this as a built-in feature... The only tricky part is where to put the UI for it... Either the "features" settings OR create a new "custom field" called "feature_set_category" that is associated with each posts category and then expose that in the categories WP admin... The latter would be my first choice...

catrina
PAGES as the container for a Category of Posts which are supplied by either a plugin and/or some pretty simple WP code...
This sounds like a possible solution. As long as there's a short code that could be used in the page editor, there might be a way to display the posts for that category.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse