Sign in to follow this  
bizint

How can I create a left sidebar widget that shows the family links

bizint

I want links to show in the left side that show the sub famaily....so if you click on Contact on the main Nav....I want the sub pages under contact to show on the left. (Birmningham link, London link etc...) Like wise when click on ABout Us....I want a left bar that has the sub headings foir about us?!

catrina

You can add a custom hook that will display a box with a list of subpages for a selected parent page. Here's a tutorial on how to implement one: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme The HTML that you include inside the hook (for adding the subpage list for any page) would be this:

<?php wp_list_pages('child_of=2&sort_column=post_title&title_li=') ?>

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bizint

Can I just put a widget in the left - which shows a list of links specifically that I want on that page?

Kate

Hi Bizint, You could... But, you would have to take a couple of steps first. First of all, you would need to create a custom menu for each of the lists that you want. (You can then add these using the "Menu" widget.) Then you would need to install a plugin called Widget Logic. This plugin allows you to pick which widgets will appear on which pages. Make sense?

bizint

yuo...thanks...widget logic installed!