Sign in to follow this  
windwhippedfarm

Layout of pages not consistent

windwhippedfarm

Hi, I've been trying to figure out why some of my pages are different. I am using the same Default template for all and my CSS coding is not specific to certain pages (or at least that's what I think). The differences are small: For example, the Local Food Box page & the Contact page don't have a black bottom border. Also, my features don't show up in the same spot (Local Food Box page and Home page) and the text also shifts around from page to page. This is the link: www.windwhippedfarm.com Thks for your help, Virginie

cmunns

Well it looks like you need a min-height for the main content area of your pages for the black to extend as a border on all pages. It also looks like you have a whole bunch of weird floating issues. Did you test this in multiple browsers? My guess is that it's going to be a different story in each.

windwhippedfarm

Hi Adam, by min-height do you mean something like: #page .content {min-height: 20px;} ? This is what I have now but the black border is not showing. I do have some weird floating issues, but I am not sure where to start to solve them. Would you recommend any ressources on solving floating issues? I'm not sure I understand how they happen/how to fix them. Thanks for your help.

catrina
#page .content {min-height: 20px;}

<- Yes, this is the correct min-height code. You should try increasing the amount to see if it makes a difference. For the floating issues, I think they result from all sorts of CSS controlling different items. Do you have a lot going on in your custom CSS right now? If so, that might be the problem. This floating tutorial might be helpful: http://www.w3schools.com/Css/css_float.asp

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

windwhippedfarm

Hi Catrina, thanks for getting back to me. I tried making the height bigger but it threw off the rest of my site, so I think I am going to stay away from the black border for now. Instead I am just trying to "shorten" the size of the site,so that the same height of background image is shown both at the top and the bottom of the site. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried a few different CSS options but none of them worked so far. Tks for your help.