Sign in to follow this  
cgoeth

Banner on post page

cgoeth

Hello everybody, I have a problem with the banner section on the post articel page. I use a static page as a start page and linked the post articel page to "News": http://beta.creative-chaos.net/news/ My problem is, that on every static page the banner is displayed correctly. But not on this news page. Here you can find the configuration of the template and the page itself: http://beta.creative-chaos.net/help/ I don't have a clue what I have done wrong. Best regards Christoph

cmunns

Banners don't work with the Posts Pages. There is no meta options handling yet for the blog pages. This is a problem with the way WP handles things that we are working on improving for you guys. There is a way around it using the child theme and the functions.php file. You can add a new global option to use for setting the blog page banner set.

cgoeth

Thanks for you answer. I am very new to wordpress. Can you please expalin the following?

There is a way around it using the child theme and the functions.php file. You can add a new global option to use for setting the blog page banner set.
Thanks in advance Christoph

cmunns

You can use a hook to place the banner section e.g. ` add_action ('pagelines_after_primary-nav', 'blog_banner'); function blog_banner (){ banner source code here with diff image } `

cgoeth

Thanks for your replay .... actually I found another option. I am using now the Post Page Associator plugin to display the posts in normal pages. Now I can benefit from the full platform power.