Sign in to follow this  
taoufik

Pagelines CSS Guide?

taoufik

Are there kind of CSS guide to redesign the template? where i can find a list of all id's and classes which targets the template elements. I'm using the child template "base.css" to change the design and layout, but i don't know how to trigger a specific element like for example the navigation menu.

Kate

Hi Taoufik, There isn't a list like that, unfortunately. But, have you checked out our documentation? Also, have you tried using Firebug? It will help you with targeting particular elements.

taoufik

Hi there Kate, thanks for your reply ... i have tried firebug, but yet i can't find most of the id's and classes. i could change the nav background color and hover but i could not change the link color on mouse over, this is the code i added in the base.css file: #primary-nav li a { font-family: 'TitilliumText22LMedium'; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 0px; background-color: #ededed; width:90px; float: left; text-align: center; display:block; color: #9e9e9e; text-decoration: none; padding:10px; margin: 0 3px 0 0; line-height: 0.5; border-radius: 2px; -moz-border-radius: 2px; text-transform:uppercase; } #primary-nav li a:hover{ background: #dcdcdc; color: #fff; border-radius: 2px; -moz-border-radius: 2px; }

Kate

I'm not sure that's the exact syntax already being used. If it's not, it will be overwritten unless you use the !important declaration. So, try this:

#primary-nav li a:hover{color:#ffffff !important;}

taoufik

Hi Kate, thanks a lot for your reply ... it worked! do you also know where i can trigger "active state" of the nav button?

cmunns

Did you try adding `#primary-nav li a:active{color:#xxx !important;}` just after the other one?

taoufik

Hi there emunns, I tried that, but it doesn't work.

timlinson

you probably want to involve the `.current-page-item` selector for the "active" link