Sign in to follow this  
katiepoo

Using Base, upgrading to platformpro returns dynamic.css error.

katiepoo

Hello! I just got the courage to upgrade! I am using platformbase for all of my css. This was my process: 1. I downloaded the version 1.3.5 to my computer and unpacked it. 2. I renamed my server-side platformpro file "platformpro.old", then uploaded the new file. 3. I went to the Platformpro settings area in WP-admin and the new features appear,but I receive this error at the top:

Dynamic CSS File Not Writable Your dynamic CSS file is not writable by the server. To fix just change the file permissions of your dynamic.css file to 666, and you'll be all set. After setting your file permissions, hit the save button so your dynamic CSS can be generated. The file is located here: /htdocs/www/blog/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/dynamic.css
4. I went to the uploads directory and there is no pagelines folder in there. So what do I do now?

timlinson

Check that the uploads directory itself has at least 755 permissions. You could also try PlatformPro Settings > Misc Settings > Make Dynamic CSS Inline.

Simon

try creating `pagelines` folder in uploads, if you still get the error enable inline css under misc settings.

katiepoo

Thanks guys! I made the pagelines folder and that did not work, but the inline css checkbox did! Do you know what the performance issues are with using the checkbox?