Sign in to follow this  
riveray

Customizing for Storefront

riveray

I successfully added a new temple I called "storefront" and would like to customize it further by adding a list of categories in the sidebar that corresponds to the store's categories of products (I will add categories for each with each post featuring a separate product description). Am wondering two things: how to create a category widget that only displays specified categories and how to create a unique posts page that it is configured to a store look and feel and not what I use for our blogs. Ideas??

cmunns

You have the new template..just start playing around with the html structure and css, or is this template blank? There are many plugins that have shortcodes/snippets you can use to easily display certain categories.

riveray

I think I've gotten the template set so I have a custom set of categories displaying in the left sidebar that eventually I can make the ones I want to show. https://sbtrails.org/outdoor-store/ The question is how to set the links from each of the categories so they display the content for that link in the content area on that page. Currently if you click on any of the category links you are taken to the posts page rather than them showing on the store page. Mainly the question is how to set the links on the store page so the posts show there and not on the default posts page.