Sign in to follow this  
laituri3

Content image size

laituri3

I am using 1- and 2-sidebar layouts in my PlatformPro content pages and when I insert an image by uploading from my computer how come it only gives me one width? I can't choose any other option than original (usually too big). I have used to work with WP and usually I am able to upload any size of image and then choose convenient size in inserting state. Ok, maybe yeah I could optimize every image to its final size on my computer before I upload them but this site is for my customer. They just want easy CMS and basic things to be able to update simple posts or pages. And it includes image size options. Btw, if I try to insert an image from WP media library instead of from my computer that 'Edit' button... it won't do a single thing. Do I really have to use Scissors plugin or similar?

Kate

Hi laituri3, Please try activating the default TwentyTen theme and retrying this. That way we can narrow down if it's a theme issue or a WP installation issue.

laituri3

Ok, it didn't help... this is not theme related issue. But this theme shouldn't do this thing right? Keeping images original size no matter what? I try Scissors... Thx anyway.

laituri3

Aw the Scissors don't work either. Says when clicking Edit:

Failed to load image. Image type image/jpeg not supported.

cmunns

It just means that the image you are trying to upload is corrupt in some way because jpeg is most definitely supported.

laituri3

I don't think so. Because any jpeg image causes that. And I do images for my work, I tried like 20 different images from different locations and different sizes. Plus, remember that I also don't have possibility to edit in the Media Library. There I have images already used on website. This works on any other wp site I work with but not in this. Maybe hosting problem also... Still wondering :(

Kate

Hi laituri3, Have you tried doing a fresh install of WP?