Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

iBP4 Strange Footer Information

Michael_J

How do I remove the "Pages" and "Stay In Touch" columns from my Footer? I don't want this information and neither do my customers. vHcgY.jpghttp://leftcoastlogic.com

Kate

Hi Joseph, Your footer widgets can be managed via "Appearances->Widgets".

Michael_J

Hi. It does not appear as if any of the curious "Pages" or "Stay in Touch" columns are controlled by any of the Widgets. Footer Left/Middle/Right creates boxes ABOVE the footer. My "full width bottom sidebar" widget is empty, as is the "Footer columns" widget. I do not see any other footer widgets in "Appearances -> Widgets." This is very strange. A bug, maybe?

catrina

Joseph, it's not a bug, but that entire footer area where the columns are located isn't customizable (widgets cannot be added or removed). If you want to remove them, you'll have to do so in the parent files, which isn't recommended (because they change won't carry over when you upgrade the theme).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Michael_J

So basically, I'm stuck with something that makes my site unsightly and annoys our users? I can't accept that. Can you give me an idea how to change it in the parent files? I'll then know how to make the changes each time I upgrade.

cmunns

What you have is the default footer widgets setup. With no widgets placed into your footer columns sidebar area you will get what you have. If you want to customize it place five new widgets into the footer columns area. Otherwise keep what you have and edit the titles of the widgets in the footer.php file.