Sign in to follow this  
lmmolitor

Eliminating Space Between Main Content area Soapboxes

lmmolitor

On This Page on my Site I am trying to figure out the best way to make the soapboxes at the bottom of my page, look like they are part of the main content area of my page. Right now, i'm having an issue wiht my primary sidebar pushing the soapboxes too far down on the page, creating a large gap of white space between where my main content area ends and the soap boxes start. I would like to either ... (A) figure out how to insert the soapboxes into my main content area so I don't have such a drastic horizontal space separating these areas (B) figure out how to not have the vertical length of my sidebar impact the top starting point of my soapboxes Can anyone provide me any suggestions/ideas on how to accomplish either of these?

Kate

Hi Liz, In "Template Setup", can you just drag that soapbox section into the main content area?

lmmolitor

No you can't, there is no option &/or section available for soapboxes in Template Setup for the Page Content Area. Any other suggestions?

timlinson

You could try this in PlatformPro Settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS: shrink the soapbox container: `#soapbox .dcol_container_2 {float:none; width:750px}` and shrink each soapbox: `#soapbox .dcol_2 {width:205px;}` You can grab a copy of the Firebug addon (quick video tutorial here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization-tips) and refine it some more.

lmmolitor

Thanks Tim, but that doesn't really address the issue of the white space does it?

timlinson

Which white space? This is what I see when I apply those changes: 4AC7r.png If you're referring to is between "Available Floorplans" and the floorplan pics, you can add a couple rules to the first rule: `#soapbox .dcol_container_2 {float:none; width:750px; position:relative; top:-30px;}` You'll have to actually put these in, try them out, and tweak them to your exact liking.

Jenny

Just wanted to say that I love the site, Liz. Good work.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.