Sign in to follow this  
kymatt

Sidebar Questions

kymatt

Hello again freinds, I am curious as to what my options are with the sidebars in WhiteHousePro. I see when I go to "widgets" that I have the option of using 3 sidebars, Main, Secondary, and Content. I also have the option of using 3 footers. When I go to edit my pages, I see a the bottom of the page, in White House Options, that I can add Secondary and Content sidebars. My first question is, how do you use both of the additional sidebars? I have tried putting a widget into the sidebar and going to the page and check marking the box that says, "Show Secondary Sidebar", but it doesn't do anything. I am guessing the main sidebar will always post the same widget on all of the regular width pages right? I am also taking a stab and guessing that the side and content sidebars are for pages where you want to mix up the widgets that you want to make available. Any help is greatly appreciated. : )

jnoh

Main - This if your normal sidebar. Secondary - This can be used as a replacement sidebar for certain pages that you specify in the page editor. Content - This is a container right under the normal content block that allows you to place widgets within the page content. Checking the box that says "Show Secondary Sidebar" should replace the Main Sidebar with the Content Sidebar. I hope this clears up any confusions.

kymatt

I cannot get the content or secondary sidebars to work at all. I understand that the secondary sidebar will replace the main side bar, but do you enter widgets into this sidebar the same way as with the main sidebar? What is up with the content sidebar and secondary sidebar under custom fields? I followed the directions above but it didn't work. Can someone explain the content sidebar a bit more? Does this only work under certain page templates? Can someone show me an example of a content sidebar? Do the content and secondary sidebars only work on certain page templates?

kymatt

I still cannot get them to work. Can someone help or please answer my questions above directly? That would be very beneficial. :)

jnoh

kymatt. Do you have widgets in your secondary sidebar and content sidebars right now? (in Appearance > Widgets)