Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Forum NavBar hover doesn't match iBlog theme

cmunns

Have you added any of your own css rules? Or did it come like this?

Guest Guest

That is a possibility, although you'll notice the hover on the main iBlog site http://www.stripwalker.com shows a gradient image upon hover rather than just a color. I would prefer to have both nav bars be exactly the same since the idea is to integrate the forum into the main site, and also that is what was advertised when I purchased from PageLines. Thank you though, Tim, for the suggestion, and don't think it's lost on me to try and mimic the css from the main site... I would just prefer to have it work as advertised since that is what I paid for. I am a developer and could certainly figure this out if I had the time, but the whole reason why I paid for a template is so that I didn't have to.

cmunns

I was pretty sure this issue was fixed but maybe I'm wrong. I think the problem here is that the forum.css is being called before the theme.css which ruins the hierarchy structure.

Guest Guest

That makes sense. Is this something I should correct in the code, or am I better off to download new files?

cmunns

If you haven't edited the core files then start by just making sure you have the latest version via an upgrade

Guest Guest

Is there an automated way to upgrade or do I need to search for, find, download & replace new files?

Guest Guest

Ok I've manually updated both iBlogPro as well as the forum and both are the latest versions. Forum Navbar issue is now moot since the forum navbar color changed back to grey. I want it to match the blue theme in iBlogPro. Isn't that supposed to be the idea of the deep integration and the complimentary forum themes? Isn't the forum supposed to inherit all styles from the main site? I have the main site set to blue and the forum is still grey. Main site: http://www.stripwalker.com Forum: http://www.stripwalker.com/forum I'm beginning to regret purchasing from PageLines. By now I could have implemented my own custom solution and would have been done and felt confident about the install, but instead chose to buy a pre-canned solution thinking that it would save me time. Wrong. I've wasted more time than I can keep track of on this. Also this so-called "support", while well-meaning is woefully inadequate and I am about an hour away from tearing the entire site down and doing a chargeback on my credit card.

Guest Guest

Wow 19 hours later and no support whatsoever. Bye PageLines, thanks for nothing.