Sign in to follow this  
[Deleted User]

Change the Continue Reading -> to title or something else?

[Deleted User]

How do I change the "Continue Reading ->" to post title or something else? Thanks Martin

cmunns

hmmm..You can change the continue reading text in the theme options but making this dynamic would require doing much more with the function that controls the output.

[Deleted User]
You can change the continue reading text in the theme options but making this dynamic would require doing much more with the function that controls the output.
Thanks Adam - Anyone... ? Problem is that on my site http://ipadwallpapersbybay.com Continue, reading and rarr get picked up as keyword with a high Keyword Density so changing this to something dynamic or something else might help on that. Mayby I will just change it in the options for the time but if anyone have the answer it would be appreciated a lot.. Thanks Martin

[Deleted User]

Thanks! In which file should I look to make the changes?

Kate

Hi Martin, template.postloop.php. But, I recommend copying that to your base theme before making the changes.

[Deleted User]

Thanks Kate - I thought so but if I change it, it doesn't change on the site: http://ipadwallpapersbybay.com I've just tested by adding a "-" <?php the_content(__('<p>Continue-reading</p>','pagelines'));?>

prowlmusic

Hi, I was looking to do a similar thing and found that changing the template.postloop.php file did nothing. I did a bit of exploration and found that in the library.template.php file there's the continue_reading_text function. Basically I changed that to this: ` function get_continue_reading_link($post_id){ $text = sprintf('%s %s', load_pagelines_option('continue_reading_text', __('Continue reading:', 'pagelines')), (the_title('', '', false)), $thetext ); ` And it now displays my continue reading text as "continue reading <the title of the post>" great solution for accessibility!

Kate

Thank you for the suggestion Laura. Editing template.postloop.php works for some people, but it's nice to have an alternative. Now, Martin, if you take Laura's advice, please remember to still do this in the base theme.

[Deleted User]

Thanks Laura! That did the trick. Kate: not sure how actually to do the changes in the Base theme and not the actually platformpro. I have installed both but how to I copy the library.templates.php file over?

catrina

You don't have to copy the library.templates.php file over to the base theme since both the base and pro themes are working "together" in some way.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jordi
Hi! another solution could have been adding a filter to functions.php: add_filter('continue_reading_link_text', 'more_function'); function more_function($more_function){ return 'continue reading '.the_title('','',false); }

Jordi López Garrostas
programador web

inov8ed
Very cool, thanks for that function... -Adam

[Deleted User]
Figured out my own solution: Create an image called continue.png (or something else) and add the below filter in the functions.php file: add_filter('continue_reading_link_text', 'more_function'); function more_function($more_function){ return ''; }