Sign in to follow this  
mickeboy89

How to link from the three feature boxes (WHP)

mickeboy89

I would like to link from the three feature boxes (fbox1 etc). There's nowhere to set a link in the settings, as far as I can make out, but I'm sure there must be a way of doing this... Can you help?

Kate

Hey Mick, You could add the link in the HTML area and adjust its height/width with CSS.

mickeboy89

Hi Kate, I added a link into the Feature Box Text + HTML area fro Feature box 1, as follows: Fbox1 code It works - but unfortunately it makes all other copy on the homepage into a hypertext link. Can you advise? Thanks (I'm going to have to revert to the original HTML now just so I can share the site with others involved in development). Mick

Kate

Did you include a closing a tag? If so, what was the CSS (if any) that you added?

mickeboy89

Hello Kate, I am a total novice with HTML and know zero CSS so thanks for trying to help me. I've tried adding HTML opening and closing but it didn't make any difference. I've made no changes to CSS, I wouldn't know where to start. The code currently looks like this: OmywZ.png I don't know if this helps you identify the issue? Thanks Mick

cmunns

Hey Mick, You are missing a `>` after the end quote for a href="..."

mickeboy89

Hi there, and thanks. It works for fbox1 (it makes the graphic a link, which is exactly what I wanted) - but unfortunately it makes the text and graphics in fbox2 and fbox3 into hypertext linking to that same page. I want to treat these two boxes differently with their own graphics linking on to different pages. Can you advise? Thanks Mick

mickeboy89

I updated fbox2 following the same protocol (but using a different href link) - but unfort this does not change anything. It is as if fbox1 controls the other two boxes.

Kate

Hi Mick, When you say it doesn't change anything, do you mean no link appears?

mickeboy89

Hi Kate, sorry I didn't make that clear. 1. I got fbox1 working fine (the graphic links to the page I want). 2. Unfortunately is also makes every element in boxes two and three into hypertext, linking to the place I specified in fbox1. 3. Changing the fbox2 code to include a different link, (following the same rules I used in fbox1) does not solve anything. The copy remains hyperlinked to the link specified in fbox1. I hope that is clearer? And many thanks for sticking with me. It's very frustrating, as linking off these boxes is pretty fundamental, I wish I could crack it! Mick

cmunns

You are also missing a closing `` tag just before the closing paragraph tag ``

mickeboy89

cmunns and Kate, I am delighted to tell you I fixed the problem with your help and advice - thanks so much !!! http://debbonaire.co.uk/ Mick