Sign in to follow this  
Audun MB

Where's the rest of the language text file

Audun MB

I've just edited the platform.po in the language folder, and added my nb_NO-file. Though only half of the text is in Norwegian! Take a look here for an example. Did you forget something? The byline as well as "Leave a comment" is still in English. I don't care if the instructions in Dashboard is in English, but public part of my page should be in Norwegian.

Sourena

What you have translated is the theme. But parts of the words and sentences in your website come from WordPress not the theme. You also need to activate Norwegian language on your site. To do so go to your "wp-config.php" and define wp-config.php as the language of the site. This is the line you need to change:

define ('WPLANG', '');
Change it to:
define ('WPLANG', 'nb_NO');

Also make sure to have the wp-config.php language files in your "languages" folder inside "wp-content". You can download the files from here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Norwegian_.28norsk.29

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Audun MB

Thanks for answering, but you're wrong. I already have activiated Norwegian language, otherwise the theme wouldn't have used the Norwegian file in the first place. The text in question comes from the theme somehow, or it fails to load it from the right place in Wordpress. Using TwentyTen, the site is all in Norwegian.

Simon

To translate you need to translate all the strings in platform.po using a translation tool like poedit, then save that file as `nb_NO.mo` then the theme will use it if your language is set to nb_NO, it does not read in platform.mo or platform.mo, they are just there to be translated.

Audun MB

Simon, that's what I've done. Several text strings are translated. The problem is that some text strings aren't included in the file or aren't read from the .mo-file! To take the example I provided above: "On", "by" and "Leave a comment" are not translated, Tags are translated into "Stikkord". This is a bug, not a support question!

Simon

Could you possibly send your nb_NO file from your wordpress lang folder and the file you edited in the platform lang folder, and i will have a look into it: simon@pagelines.com

Sourena

This issue is supposed to be fixed in the latest version of PlatformPro (1.3.5). Make sure you have the latest version and check again.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Audun MB

Thank you for your answers. I wasn't aware of an update (I'm on 1.3.2 which I installed just a few weeks ago), maybe that will fix it! I'll update tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it, I will mail simon the files.

jpereirinha

I've also this problem. But unfortunately, updated platformpro to 1.4 didn't solve my problem. My language is Portuguese, so I've used Poedit to create pt_PT.po file. Then changed the file type to .mo. Uploaded it, but, still, have most elements in english. Oh, and have changed wp-config.php to:

define ('WPLANG', 'nb_NO');

jpereirinha

Every single one. :) Oh... and allow me to correct my self, changed wp-config.php to:

define ('WPLANG', 'pt_PT');

, not like in the previous post.

jpereirinha

It's a clean install... platform pro is the only thing besides wp.