Sign in to follow this  
antonella

Remove margin from page area

antonella

Hello, I have a header image that is 1064 pixels wide and that's how wide I want my page area to be. However, it is appearing with extra margins on the side of the header. How can I remove the padding/margin on each side and push the content areas to have some padding so that it doesn't butt up against the border? I've attached an image. The beige areas on the side of the header should be removed. I tried locating the CSS via firebug, but I just couldn't grab the right location. I've tried changing several setting, but to no avail. wSJ8i

kastelic

Not seeing an image, how about a link to the site?

Kate

Hi Antonella, There's actually a couple of things that you'll need to do. First of all, your site width is actually 1084px (likely the total with padding). So, if you want that top image to span the entire distance, you'll have to increase it to 1084. (Alternatively, you could decrease the width of the site.) If you choose to widen the image, you'll also need to add this code:

#header .content {width:1084px !important;padding:0px !important;margin-left:0px;}

antonella

Thanks for the answer Kate. I definitely don't want to increase it, so I have to figure out how to change the page width. With pagelines it's more confusing because I can't find the page dimensions in the basic css, and I see it's generated dynamically through the layout editor. What do I have to do to shrink the width of the site? just move it in the layout? I made it 1044, but the header still isn't aligning. Here's the site link again. Thanks.

catrina

The header looks fine from what I can see in Firefox. Can you provide a screenshot of what you see?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

antonella

You're right! Now it's working. Thanks.