Sign in to follow this  
danstein

Home Page/Blog Page

danstein

Hi, I'm using WhiteHouse Pro 3, and I would like to have my WordPress blog posts fill out the rest of my home page beneath a feature page rotating box. How can I make this happen? Thanks!

kastelic

How is this different from the default arrangement when you first install whitehousepro?

danstein

Let me be more clear. On my homepage: ghPr6.jpg Beneath the blue feature box, I'd like it to look like this: jADpz.jpg So that the home page has both the feature box setup as well as the WhiteHouse Pro blog formatting. Thank you!

Kate

Hey Dan, What are you using currently to get the blog posts to show?

danstein

Hi Kate, I currently have it set: Under Settings -> Reading -> Posts Page -> to a page that I created. If I set the home page and posts page to be the same, then I get a warning message and the entire contents of my site is posted on the home page. I'd just really love to have the blog formatting as well as the feature box on the homepage. Thank you!

danstein

Hi Kate, Awesome! Could you specific which .php file and exactly what I would be changing in it? Thank you!

Kate

Hey Dan, It actually may be better to create a custom template. (You can copy the page-full-with.php template (and rename the template). I'm going to mark this for developer attention so that they can give you further guidance.

danstein

Thanks Kate! Developers, can someone please help?

sky7pro

I have the same request. On my home page below the feature boxes, I'd like it to auto display two columns. One column "recent blog posts" the other column whatever category I determine, example press releases, video category posts, events, or action items. so to the left of the side-bar and below the feature boxes, I'd like that area to be two columns.

cmunns

Pages & Posts Options - (in the theme options panel) DAiTI.jpg Simple as that.

bpnoel

I came across a very similar issue a few years ago when WP 2.2x allowed a static page as a home page. Check this link out for the .php you might be looking for. http://moshublog.com/2007/09/10/static-frontpage-combined-with-dynamic-content/. This will allow you to still have the static content you want on the home page, combined with the dynamics of the latest post from your blog page.

mcarels

Guys I'm trying to do this exact thing on PlatformPro, but there's no option like Adam is showing. Can someone help on how to set this up? Thanks

timlinson

In platformpro you just drag-and-drop the "PageLines Features" box in Template Setup to the places you want.

mcarels

As far as I know, in Template setup you can't put a feature on a blog page. This is how I'd like it: http://palmensports.com How do I set it up like that, with the blog under the feature?

cmunns

Add the feature to the Posts Page Template area in template setup