Sign in to follow this  
antonella

morefoot sidebar - 4 columns possible?

antonella

Hello, I would like to do 4 columns on the morefoot sidebar (Ideally with different widths). Would that be possible with a little programming? Can someone just give me some direction on what would need to be changed? I'm guessing I'd have to modify the CSS to play with the width and styling, add a new function in section.morefoot.php, and would there need to be anything else registered? I can get around fairly well in a simple theme, but I'm new to platformpro and finding it more tricky to customize. Thanks in advance for any direction that I could delve into further.

catrina

You are right. CSS will need to play a role in the width and styling and as for adding the fourth column, a custom hook would need to be added to the functions.php file. If you're not familiar with hooks, here is a tutorial and example: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme. To get you started, the hooks that you're looking for are listed in Template Setup > Morefoot Area (from the dropdown list) > MoreFoot Sidebars. It's a cleaner alternative to editing the parent files directly. You can add the hook for the extra column first and then determine the CSS once it's there.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse