Sign in to follow this  
droggg

Second Menu on the 'Home Page'

droggg

Is the a way to add a second menu underneath the main menu on the home page?

timlinson

Hey Darryl, 1. Go to `Appearance > Menus` and create a custom menu. 2. Go to `PlatformPro Settings > Header and Nav > Posts Pages Secondary Navigation` and select your custom menu from the dropdown. 3. Edit your individual pages and go down to `PageLines Meta Settings > General Page Setup > Select Secondary Nav Menu` and select your custom menu from the dropdown. Hope that helps.

droggg

Hi Tim Thank you for the help - how about assigning a sub-nav for a category? .d.

timlinson

Subnav for a category? Not sure what you mean.. something like this? `Cat1 [Cat2] Cat3 Cat4` `? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? sub1 sub2 sub3`

droggg

I think that is it - basically I have a category in the main nav area with a pull down menu and instead of the pull down I would rather have a secondary nav bar representing those links - only seen when I click on the category or any of the sub-sections of that category. You can look at sxsw.com and click on the music link to see what I mean.

Kate

Hey Darryl, This used to be a feature in PlatformPro, but is no longer supported. You'll have to code something in custom for this functionality.

mcnee

Ok, I found this and figured a way to make sure my secondary nav shows up... but why is this off by default? Under the general header and nav settings I have have secondary nav set to my custom menu to display my categories.

mcnee

Another problem with the Secondary Nav not showing up... how do I get it to display on things like category list pages, tag list pages, search results, etc...?

catrina

Enable Secondary Nav by going to Settings > Header And Nav > Posts Page Secondary Navigation and selecting your menu.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mcnee

Catrina, like I said, I've done that... and the only pages other than the home page it is showing up is posts and pages I explicitly enable it thru the individual page/post meta.

kastelic

Look in Platform Settings -> Header and Nav -> Posts Page Secondary Navigation