Sign in to follow this  
danabrunetti

1.3.5 Messing Up Site Layout

danabrunetti

Just switched to 1.3.5 and have found that it has broken formatting of the site; cutting off the right hand side of the logo image and squishing the main column and the sidebar together. Basically, it's like the whole page outline (our "Canvas" area) has been narrowed down and cut off. I believe that previously been an issue in 1.3.1 when we tried to activate the Cufon font replacement feature and could only be fixed by re-loading the main site directory from a backup. That does not seem to fix the problem anymore. Can someone please look into the conflicts that this is creating? I'm guessing its some JavaScript interrupting the other stuff on the site from loading... I've ruled out anything in the base.css that might be throwing this off -- there seems to be some kind of dynamic formatting generated by PlatformPro (either through the font replacement header code or something else) that is messing up the page. V5KvO.pngB1yRm.png Do you know how to fix this? It's really put a

danabrunetti

Wanted to update with what I think is the source of the issue:

Line 91, Column 55: body start tag found but the body element is already open.
			<body class="home blog canvas ttype-posts tmain-posts">

Line 91, Column 55: Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.
I believe this is the offending bit of source code:
</script>
			<link rel="stylesheet" id="pagelines-dynamic-css" href="http://www.triggla.tv/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/dynamic.css?ver=135-04031192620" type="text/css" media="all" />
			</head>

I have tried both the disable AJAX and Inline CSS options in PlatformPro > Settings > Misc and neither have resolved the issue. There seems to be a bit of this going around lately, is there something simple I'm messing up here to cause the dynamic.css or something else to generate improperly?

cshoffmann

Matt can you please provide the site url link?

toddatkins

I am also having an issue with something similar after upgrading to 1.3.5 -- my Cufon font replacement that was previously working fine is no longer working. Already posted a thread on it, but when I read this one, I thought I would add in my 2 cents. Hope they fix it because I love the Cufon font.

danabrunetti

@Shaun http://www.triggla.tv -- thanks for taking a look! @Todd Cufon has NEVER worked for me, and I had a similar issue to this with 1.3.1 I believe when I tried to activate it. However, I believe that it is the root of the problem and is somehow blocking my site from being styled properly.

kastelic

Seems you need the width of your site to be 960px instead of 800px? What do you have set in the layout editor?

danabrunetti

@Jimmy AWESOME! Got it back to looking normal. How did this happen through just the Font Replacement / Update taking place? I am completely baffled by this as I repeated my steps several times to pin down the issue and I'd like to avoid it.