Sign in to follow this  
acousticscentral

Using Wordpress Registration with Platform Pro Dec + BuddyPress + BB Press

acousticscentral

I'm using Platform Pro Dev + Buddy Press + BB PRess. When I click on 'Sign-Up' in the admin bar, it seems to take me by default to a Buddy Press registration page, which means when I try to use plug-ins like S2Member, you never see the registration page, only the default fields from BuddyPress. What can do to make the default registration page the WordPress registration page? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

catrina

Does the s2Member plug-in have a setting that allows you to set up a registration link that replaces the Buddy Press link?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

acousticscentral

Hi Catrina, It doesn't seem so. In fact, digging around on the net a bit, it seems that this is a common issue which there seems to be as yet no solution to, the fact that if you're using BuddyPress, it takes over the site registration, and there's no way to revert back to the WordPress registration.

studio8c

Hi derek, Thats something i diddn't tryed out yet but i will have the same result i think ;-( are u also running an WP MU installation i found this also: add this in your wp-config.php if your using a MU installation. define('MULTISITE_FARM', true); Cheers, Dennis

acousticscentral

Hi Dennis, I'm using the standard WordPress, rather than MU. I did some more digging around, and it seems it is related to the BuddyPress theme you're using. Check out the link where this issue is discussed: Link Do PageLines have a BuddyPress Theme, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

cmunns

PageLines uses the BP-Template-Pack plugin to basically convert PL to BuddyPress. Anything that would need to change on the BP side would have to be done so through the plugin.

acousticscentral

As in, through the Template Pack Plug-In? One of the guys on the forum mentioned that if you use this theme, then you get the default WordPress registration, rather than buddypress, so I guess it must be do-able: Suffusion Theme I know very little about php, or modifying plugins. Would you have any idea how to go about this?