Sign in to follow this  
edhacker

Public and multiple private user groups

edhacker

I have PlatformPro and after seeing the videos on use of feature sets I can see how I would lay out my site, but I'm still unclear on how to layer in user access control. This is what I'm looking for: - static default page, publicly available - nav bar on all pages that shows a more detailed (public) about page and if the user is signed in, post categories they are authorized to see - all other pages, posts and widgets need the user to sign in before they see anything I think I need to use another plugin like Role Scoper or User Access Control, but I'm not sure if there's a better way to go about implementing two static public pages and the rest (posts, widgets) as private (with multiple groups). Although I've purchased Platform Pro, is there a more appropriate template to use? This is for a condo board website and it's mainly for posting notices (posts) and documents for owners and tenants. Any ideas? Thanks, AP

kastelic

I've used plugins like those to do similar things and they worked quite well but I had do do some custom PHP to show/hide the nav items and pages depending on who was logged in. If you want to go a simpler route, when you make a new WP page, you can set it as "private" so you have to enter a password to view the page.