Sign in to follow this  
universalhall7

Breadcrumb Nav XT issues

universalhall7

I've just installed this and have two issues - one I've resolved and one i would appreciate help with. 1. My friends website http://www.humansolutionsnow.com/ is only showing home and then the current page. In other words it is nor showing the top level page. I've tried the settings and can remove Home but can't get it to include the the parent page. Any help very much appreciated 2. (for information)The second problem I resolved relates to a bug in Breadcrumb NAV XT. It wasn't working at all when I installed it. The solution (on their website) currently is to go into settings and at top of page on right, next to help, press reset. It might be also necessary to install an update in the settings area. Any help on number 1 very much appreciated Rob

kastelic

Rob, the best way to manage your menu is by making it manually in Appearance -> Menus. Create your menu there and you have a ton of options of which pages and categories you want to appear.

universalhall7

Hi Jimmy. Thanks. I have the main menu set up with the hierarchy of pages - 3 and 4 levels. But the Nav XT plug in isn't showing the three or four levels of navigation. It shows home and current page. I've tried looking at the settings in Nav XT can't find a solution. What I am trying to achieve is for it to say 'Impact of trauma > Understanding trauma > What is trauma' which reflects the three levels of hierarchy in the menu.Hope this makes sense. Maybe I'm missing something simple?

universalhall7

Aha! Sussed it. I thought that as I had the hierarchy of page set up under menus, that nav xt would pick this up. Actually, the pages need to have the appropriate parent - set up on each page for Nav Xt to work